Monte Presidente shocked in u-turn by players of u19s squad after pledge to remain

Monte Presidente shocked in u-turn by players of u19s squad after pledge to remain

ANDREW ATKINSON writes …… NEWLY promoted 1st Regional club Los Montesinos based CD Montesinos have received a setback ahead of the new 2017-18 season kick-off – with the plan of forming a ‘B’ team in tatters.

Presidente Felipe Parades has been left shocked after a u-turn by members of the u19s squad – who had pledged to remain at the club.

The club had made arrangements to form a reserve team – CD Montesinos ‘B’ – to play in the 2nd Regional consisting of over-aged players from last season’s u19s squad.

The proposal came in the wake of CD Montesinos’s Championship campaign last season under new coach Carlos – underlined with the Youth team’s – u19s – narrowly missing out on promotion.

Now the new reserve team players have informed the club they will not form a ‘B’ team, which has lead to disbelief.

“Felipe is not happy – but what can he do ?,” club spokesman Eddie Cagigao told me. 

The u-turn has seen some players linked with Los Montesinos neighbours Todo Deportivo Montesinos who have struggled in the 2nd Regional in recent seasons.

“Meetings were held between Felipe and the players – in which most agreed to play in the new ‘B’ team,” said Eddie.

CD Montesinos Club Committee announced recently that they were to register a side – CD Montesinos ‘B’ – to play in the 2nd Regional Division in the 2017-18 season.

Club President Felipe Paredes was adamant that youth players would not have to leave Los Montesinos town to play their football – halting a process that has occurred over the years.

“We have a good group of young players,” said Felipe, after the club’s promotion in May.

“However, these players will only improve and mature – if they are playing regular football,” said Felipe.

“In the past this has meant them leaving the town – to play at other clubs. And the Committee and I were unhappy with this situation,” said Felipe.

The planned formation of a CD Montesinos reserve side would have incorporated all of last season´s youth players, now over-aged to play at u19 level.

“It now appears some went back on their original commitment,” added Eddie.

Pre-season commenced last month and coach Carlos and his staff have run the rule over the squad in pre-season friendlies.

CD Montesinos have a new major shirt sponsorship deal with Geosem Spanish Developer for the forthcoming 2017-18 campaign, that gets underway this month.

CD Montesinos travel away to CD La Voz on September 17 to kick-off life in the 1st Regional, with a home fixture at The Municipal Stadium, Los Montesinos, against Santa Pola CF on September 24.

Striker Carlos Ventura – a key payer for the Vega Baja outfit this term – has seen coach Carlos batting away interests from other clubs to sign him during the summer.

The post Monte Presidente shocked in u-turn by players of u19s squad after pledge to remain appeared first on The Leader Newspaper.

323
Like
Read Later